PlexiRanger combines a parallel boost and plexi drive channel in one box.
When we look back to the glory days of rock guitar (mid 60's to mid 70's), some of the most popular amplifier set-ups were British Marshalls and Vox's....often with multi-speaker cabinets.
Players like Tony Iommi, Ritchie Blackmore or Brian May carved their signature sounds with these rigs. In order to deal with the over-powering bottom end, they made use of 'The Treble Booster' in order to solve that problem and get some much desired overdrive. Companies like Dallas (Rangemaster) and Hornby Skewes (Treble Booster) had created a new sound palette! Carl decided it was time to re-introduce this sound with the PlexiRanger!
Carl Martin is well known for its plexi sounds with models like the PlexiTone. This experience is reflected in the plexi side of the PlexiRanger.
The special thing about the boost channel, is the combination of a full range clean boost, with a parallel frequency selective boost. The latter can be set to act as a treble boost, but it also able to boost mid- or low-mid-frequencies.
- Plexi-style Drive plus Dual-Boost (Clean- & Frequency-Boost)
- 3-in-1 pedal design: Clean Boost, Frequency Boost, Plexi-Drive
- Combine Boost and Drive for tremendous gain and violin-like sustain
- Cut through any mix either on stage or in the studio
- Boost channel features two parallel circuits: Clean- and Frequency-Boost
- Clean- and Frequency-Boost each provides up to +15dB of gain
- Mix Clean- and Frequency-Boost to create your specific Boost-tone
- “Freq” control to select specific boost frequency (250 Hz – 5 kHz)
- Use Frequency-Boost and Low-cut to remove “bottom-end problems” on high-gain sounds
- Designed by Carl Martin Denmark
Guitar Summit Special
Have a look at our Carl Martin "Guitar Summit Special", powered by Musik-Produktiv & FACE
***WIN a Carl Martin Pedal***
Hit the link below to enter our "virtual tombola action". Your chance to win a Carl Martin pedal of your choice on Guitar Summit Web Camp.
Best of Luck! :)
A brief History of Booster Pedals (Guitar Summit Workshop)
Check our "Workshops" section or the general schedule (workshop / livestream) here at Guitar Summit Web Camp.
Haiko Heinz will take you on a journey through the history of boost pedals, starting from the early treble boosters in the 60s (played by Toni Iommi, Ritchie Blackmore or Brian May) to the first overdrive-pedals in the late 70s - finally resulting in modern-drive and boost-pedals and how they are used today.
You´ll hear lots of different amp models with various boost options and a demonstration of the new Carl Martin PlexiRanger and how it combines great rhythm and lead tones.
FACE exclusively represents Carl Martin in Europe (excluding Italy, Spain and UK)