The Spark is a very compact 7string multiscale guitar. The fanned frets allow a natural hand position, the wrist is not bent too much. Especially with the wider fretboard this is a blessing. The pickups are specially made, wound on Gibson`s legendary "Meteor ME301", which is known for perfect coils and responsible for the `59-Sound :-)
The stunning top needs no colour, just natural oiled. Smooth touch, open sound.
The controls are integrated into the body, matching knobs and a floating ring complete the picture with details. Here again the classic is used: Sanwa-Arcade Killswitch with a matching knob, best of two worlds... find it on the pictures ?
The neckthrough construction and the titanium rods in the neck give the Spark a powerful sustain. Power for djentlemen and djentleladys.
Very cool project, starting with a small sketch and ended up in this Djent-o-mat. If you have some sketches around, just let me know :-)
Don´t miss to watch a short demo on my facebook site. Use headphones !
- neckthrough maple, wenge, 5 prt, titan inside
- body swamp-ash
- top maple burl, bookmatched
- fretboard flamed maple
- scale multiscale 686-647,7mm 27"/25,5"
- strings 7 strings, D´Addario NYXL1164
- frets 24 frets, Boston Fretwire
- trussrod doubleaction, 460x6x9mm
- nut custom 7 string, ebony, from 1864 piano key
- tuning keys 1:16 Schaller M6 locking, black
- bridge 7x singlebridge ABM3210b, black
- strap buttons Schaller S-lock, black
- PUs custom slanted Humbucker, blade 4mm, matching wood
- wired on a „Meteor“
- volume Göldo EL500 log
- tone Göldo EL500 log
- switch 3-way Toggle, black
- sillswitch Sanwa, custom knob, matching wood
- output jack Zargenbuchse, shielded, black
- shielding conductive shielding colour
- finish natural, Odie´s Oil